Masaya Dobermans

>

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Practice Practice!




Cinders and Porsche had fun training with David Harris Saturday. Porsche is working on her grips and Cinders and I are working on her Sch2 routine. Depending on how things go this next week, Cinders and I may be traveling to Warrensburg, MO to compete for her Sch 2 at the United Doberman Nationals, May 1.

Cinders bitework has been cleaned up a lot. With David's help she has stopped bothering the helper and is outing more consistently and cleaner. Her call out of the blind looks good. Her grips, as always, are excellent. We are working on her blind search and increasing her barking in the blind. She barks really well, but not always for as long as she needs to. We had a really good session on Thursday working on her blind search with David. She is doing a good job checking in with me. I just need to make sure that I am communicating clearly to her. Her transports are really good and in such a short time. Her stand out of motion looks good. I am working with her on her down stays with distractions and out of sight stays. So far, she is vocal, but doing good.

Porsche did really well on her tug work. She is fearless and will climb all over David when tugging. I think this little jute tug is still a little hard for her, but she did pretty good with it. When we moved to a rag tug , she gripped so hard she wouldn't let go! I let her carry it all the way to the car. She held on to it even when she jumped into her crate. The only way I was able to get it back from her was to go back inside the building and get some treats to "trade" her for the tug!

Thanks to Dale Matthews for these photos!






No comments:

Post a Comment