Masaya Dobermans

>

Friday, April 23, 2010

Maternity Leave is Over!!!

Cinders and I went and visited the PSA club in Cincinnati last night.  Cinders was glad to get out of the house and get a few bites in!  She is still nursing the pups some, but she is more than ready to be back to work!!  Its been 2+yrs since Cinders has seen a bite suit and then only once or twice, but she was more than up to tackle a decoy who didn't have a sleeve.  We both had lots of fun.  I am hoping to enter Cinders in their upcoming trial to get her PDC (Protection Dog Certificate).  We only have 2 weeks to train and Cinders still has pups at home, but I never doubt her abilities, only my ability to show her what I want from her. 
 
The pups are doing excellent!!  One word sums them up .... MONSTERS!!!!   Of course... BRATS!!!  is also fitting.  They are VERY spoiled.  They want what they want when they want it.  Mostly what they want is to terrorize me, Cinders, and the house anytime they are awake.  New pups are emerging in the limelight.  Some pups are making a point to prove my initial assessment wrong.  It teaches me, yet again, not to pigeonhole puppies too soon.  One pup that I thought was a happy go lucky kind of pup, has spent the 3-4 days growling at me when I pick him up after I said that.  Another pup that I told someone was had less pack drive and may be better as a pet,  has spent the past week clamping like a vice on whatever part of me he gets a hold of and he does it a lot because he has started following me everywhere!!!  It just serves as a reminder that there is a reason we don't select puppies until they are 7-8 wks old.  They are changing too rapidly right now. 
 
Ultimately, they are TONS of work and very DEMANDING, but I just love them all.  My favorite thing is to take the quilt and all the pups outside when its warm and just let them climb all over me and go explore the yard.  I want to keep them all, but I could really use some more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment