Masaya Dobermans

>

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer 2011

We have had a busy year so far.  Porsche X Orinoco puppies are growing up fast.  I kept Viper out of that litter.  She is doing well.  Getting so big.  She plays constantly with her mama and uncle Razor.  A little bundle of energy!!  Plenty of attitude.
 
Summer makes training difficult because its so hot.  I am trying to get Porsche ready for her SchA.  I was working towards her Sch1, but the heat has made tracking an  occasional rather than regular occurance.  I have Porsche entered in a trial in early July, but we may pull.  Its a strange field and strange helpers and I don't know if we will be able to go down there and practice before the trial.  Its Porsche's first trial, so I just don't know if its a good idea.
 
Razor is progressing.  I am working on his obedience slowly.  Concentrating on perfection.  My hope is that by make his foundation solid with sits fast and positioning perfect that once he gets that down everything else will come easy.  I made a lot of obedience mistakes in Cinders early training.   I honestly never thought she would be as good as she is.  She was my first schutzhund dog and my goal was only a Sch1.  We didn't train for perfection, so we have had to go back and work 2xs as hard on fixing our mistakes and at the end of the day they will probably keep her from ever getting a V in obedience and possibly protection.  A dog always reverts to its foundation. 
Razor's potential is greater than his mothers, so its up to me not to make mistakes.  He has an amazing natural capping ability.  Very clear headed and naturally very quick and clean in his movements.  His grips are phenominal.  I have showed this boy to many people and worked him on nearly a dozen helpers so far.  Everyone loves his grips.  They are awesome not just for a doberman, but for any breed.  He moves between drives like a machine and he learns very quickly.   My one issue that causes some obstacles is that he has a high level of possesiveness.  If he gets the sleeve before I get the leash, he will take off with it.  He outs cleanly and nicely, but if he has the sleeve he will hug it to him with his legs and doesn't want me to have it.  We'll get it figured out.  Its really pretty minor and if I had him as a pup, it might not even be an issue at all now.  So we will keep working and hopefully get his BH this fall and his Sch1 at the 2012 UDC nat'ls.
 
For Cinders, its clean up time.  Trying to fix the little things.  Going backwards again on her healing.  Telling her sit when I stop and trying to get her to sit faster and correctly.  If a dog does not sit correctly and quickly while healing then they will not do so in the out of motion.  Its too hot to run blinds which we desperately need.  So in protection, control, control and more control.  I intend to trial Cinders at the Regionals.  We may go to an earlier Regionals as she is due to come into season in Sept around the time of our Regionals.  Then I will be breeding her.  The plan is to breed her to Eiko V Landgraf IPO3.
 
Our goals for next year are the UDC Natls and ultimately the IDC.  We have a major obstacle to over come as Cinders does not crate and will have to be retrained to crate, so she can fly to Europe.

 
Brandi Williams
Masaya Dobermans
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment