Masaya Dobermans

>

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Taking Advantage of Every Opportunity

I came home from running a few errands Saturday afternoon and an electric company guy was in my back yard playing with Lily and Lulu! Normally, I don't leave anyone outside while I am gone, but it was such a nice day and I was only going to be gone a short while. Lily and Lulu where mauling the poor guy. Of course, he seemed to be enjoying himself playing with them.
The electrical problem was at the neighbors, but he was just making sure that all my lines where ok before they turned the power on. I think he volunteered because of the dogs. I am not sure where that crew was from, but I have seen several in the area from Georgia and Alabama. He said they made him miss his dogs. I was just glad I had not left Cinders outside because she would not have allowed him back there. He said she had been barking at him through the window and he was glad she wasn't out there.

He was a grizzled husky guy with a hard hat, uniform and some equipment on, so I thought it was an excellent opportunity for some socialization. I told him I had some pups and asked him if he wanted to see them. Of course he did! I knew he had to go back to work, so I brought out two bullys first. One was the boy ( I thought he would like him) and the other was Molly. While the 2 bullys were being loved on, I went in and got the purple and red pups. All the pups took to this big guy very well. The red pup did not want to wait her turn and was trying frantically to climb up his legs. Too bad he had to go back to work or I would have brought everyone out.

I am very happy the power is back on and the weather has improved. I let the pups run in the yard for an hour or so and I took some video. All together during the power outage I took an hours worth of video that needs to be uploaded and edited. So for those of you that got the first installations, that was about 30 min of video cut to 20 min. I still have another 30 min to go and I am already thinking about taking some more. Likely I will create another agility course this weekend. I am already thinking about it. However, I believe I have one on video that hasn't been uploaded yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment